المشاركة 135
ايوب صابر
مراقب عام سابقا

اوسمتي

• غير موجود
افتراضي
هنري فيلدنج

Henry Fielding (1707-1754)

British writer, playwright and journalist, founder of the English Realistic school in literature with Samuel Richardson. Fielding's career as a dramatist has been shadowed by his fame as a novelist, who undertook the duty of writing comic epic poems in prose – Fielding once described himself as "great, tattered bard."
"When I'm not thanked at all, I'm thanked enough;
I've done my duty, and I've done no more."
(from Tom Thumb the Great, 1730)
Henry Fielding was born at Sharpham Park, Somerset. He was by birth a gentleman, close allied to the aristocracy. His father was a nephew of the 3th Earl of Denbigha, and mother was from a prominent family of lawyers. Fielding grew up on his parents farm at East Stour, Dotset.

His mother died when Fielding was eleven, and when his father remarried, Henry was sent to Eton College (1719-1724), where he learned to love ancient Greek and Roman literature.

During this period he also befriended George, later Lord, Lyttelton, and William Pitt, later Lord Chatham. To Lyttelton, his old school friend, who helped him from the late 1740s, Fielding dedicated the novel THE HISTORY OF TOM JONES, A FOUNDLING (1749). After Eton, he attempted to elope with his cousin Sarah Andrew